Monday, April 8, 2024

Eclipse Moon

Solar Eclipse 2024

 

Moon, my moon,
my mysterious moon,
who waxes and wanes,
who taught women to mark time, your time,
a mutable, non-linear time,
increasing, decreasing,
flowering and dying,
regenerating again and again,
like our blood, like our breathing.
Oh Moon!
Do come with your great mystery.
You, who in this dark moon phase
does not appear at all in the sky,
yet you will cover up the Sun!
Oh my moon, do,
come quickly, come today,
moon of women, of the sacred womb,
the sacred body of women inviolate,
sovereign being, true teacher of resurrection.
Cover up the sun, yes!
Cover up that Aries sun,
shouting "me, me, me!," oblivious,
that sun obsessed with dominance.
Cover up the sun, if only for a minute.
Show what your soft feminine power can do.
Give us a new story that all will know and understand,
a bright shining metaphor.

Annelinde Metzner

Sharon Spring, April 8, 2024


 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!