Friday, October 29, 2021

Retreat at Wildacres

 

 

My piano and work table at Wildacres Retreat


The cabin is silent, no footsteps but mine.
At the desk, my choices,
this poem or that, the world's bounty before me.
I choose some for now, and some for later.
At the piano, yesterday's work, glowing,
my father's pencils,
a friend's best erasers.
I live and breathe here in the center of the world.
I do what I was born to do.
Nothing can harm me.
Last night the owl awoke me, right by my window,
and stood the hairs up on my arms.
Ten times she hooted, "Who are you?"
But now I know. 

Annelinde Metzner

August 26, 2021



My cabin from outside


My bed with morning light


Peace Pole in Little Switzerland


Fire Pit and view of Mount Mitchell (Black Dome)











No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!