Friday, March 15, 2019

Shiva Ratri





"Maiden, Mother, Crone" by Tamara Adams




Call and response.
I slip into my alpha waves.....
     "Om Namah Shivayah, Om Namah Shivayah..."
The simple joy of being together
to eat and to make music unto the Gods.
Near me, singing and praying,
two of my healers, my caregivers,
my priestesses who, a year ago,
came to me, fresh out of surgery,
and spent the night.
     "Om Namah Shivayah....."
Seven women came, healers all,
spending the night or the day,
changing my bandages, bringing me food,
going for me wherever I could not go.
So huge their kindness, so heart-felt,
unquestioning of my needs, my vulnerability.
My protectors, my priestesses!
     "Om Namah Shivayah...."
Feeling held and grateful,
I rested, at peace, much loved,
at one with my time on this Earth.


Annelinde Metzner
March 5, 2019

Recently I was blessed to attend kirtan (Hindu chanting) with two women who generously assisted me after my surgery in June of 2018.  I felt so loved, even a year later!
     Thanks to Tamara Adams for the beautiful art above.
     Below is an image of Shiva, the God/Goddess honored by a special day called Shiva Ratri. This aspect of the god is called Shiva Nataraj, the Lord of the Dance, who sets the world into motion each day with the rhythm of his rattle.


 










No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!