Sunday, August 16, 2015

New to the World




My great-niece, Ivy Mae, a few hours old


“What do you bring us?” ask the villagers,
to the babe still in the womb,
coming from afar, from the world of spirit.
“What does your soul wish for here?”
In Mama’s womb, all at peace,
the little one, new to the world,
sleeps with one foot in Spirit.
“I will remember” swears the Spirit,
though much will come of the world,
so many inviting paths to ponder.
“I bring you the light of the stars”,
says the little one,
“to warm your winter nights,
and to cradle your days with love.”


Annelinde Metzner
August 29,  2010





I'm thrilled by the birth of Ivy Mae Metzner Benjamin, my great-niece, to Emily Metzner and husband Jaron Benjamin on August 9th, 2015.   Welcome to our world and our family!




Jaron and Ivy Mae




Emily and Ivy Mae










No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!