Thursday, September 12, 2013

Canada Geese





Canada Geese




Canada Geese  
                                              
I ride through my little town, early,
the new-morn sun peeping at me between the houses,
the breathless joy of a new day.
A new day!    And what’s this?
A car slows and stops on the hill up ahead.
Canada Geese!
They have returned from their wild wanderings
to our little lake, right here,
on their way far, far to the south.
The Canada Geese, proud, distinguished,
grey, white and black in their formal attire,
move slowly across the street.
They.......move.........slow.......-ly,
ever dignified, never rushed,
on their own time
going ‘round the world.
We wait, astounded, 

on this new day,
in my little town, 

as the flock of Canada Geese,
the beauty of this world, 

quacking and wobbling,
crosses our path.
The other driver and I pass each other slowly,
bowing, smiling inwardly,
giving thanks.

Annelinde Metzner
Black Mountain
September 9, 2013
































No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments!